Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mahendra Singh Dhoni

There were quite a few decisions that I took, two out of them were - Why Ashwin? Why ‘me’ ahead of Yuvraj who is in terrific form? Each and every individual played his part, it has been a memorable month or two. My job was to stay down the order and let the youngsters play well. Against Sri Lanka, I thought, they have a couple of good spinners and it is time for me to go up the order. The team management backed me, the seniors backed me and I got the runs that I needed. Gauti and Kohli played really well after losing Sachin and Sehwag early

I would have loved to see Gauti score his hundred, but he has himself to blame. The Indian team now walks up to collect their medallions. Sehwag wants to be the opener here as well. Runs up to be the first one to collect it. Loud cheers for everyone, as expected. The noise levels reached the unattained levels when Sachin Tendulkar’s name was called up. The noise doesn’t seem to end.


Mumbai, AprilL 02 (ANI): Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Friday said that seam bowler Ashish Nehra was unlikely to play in the World Cup final due to multiple fractures on his finger. Addressing a news conference ahead of Saturday's final against Sri Lanka in Mumbai, Dhoni said Nehra would most likely be ruled out but batsman Gautam Gambhir had regained his fitness for the final game

No comments:

Post a Comment